IntroductionThe information we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when visiting our web site. We collect and use your non-personal information (information that is not identifiable to you personally) differently than your personal information.
What is non-personal information?Non-personal information is information we collect through this web site that does not identify you as an individual person. It may include information such as the following:
- the type of web browser software you use (for example, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer)
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet
- the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our web site
- the date and time you access our web site
- which pages you have visited on our web site
- the search terms you use
- the links on which you click
- personal information that has been made non-personal or anonymous (i.e., information that no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user)
What does Medtronic Diabetes do with non-personal information?Because non-personal information cannot identify you or be tied to you in any way, there are no restrictions on the ways that we can use or share non-personal information. We are always looking for ways to better serve you and improve this web site. We will use non-personal information from you to help us make this web site more useful to visitors. We also will use non-personal information for other business purposes. For example, we may use non-personal information or aggregate non-personal information to:
- create reports for internal use to develop programs, products, services or content
- customize the information or services that are of interest to you
- share it with or sell it to third parties
- provide aggregated information on how visitors use our site, such as "traffic statistics" and "response rates," to third parties
What is personal information?Personal information is information we collect through this web site that we can use to specifically identify you, such as your:
- name, date of birth
- home address, telephone number
- e-mail address
- medical device serial number
- personal health information
How does Medtronic Diabetes keep and use personal information?We may keep and use personal information we collect from you through this web site to provide you with access to this web site. In addition, we may keep and use your personal information:
- to respond to your requests
- to personalize your access to our web site, for example, by telling you about new features that may be of interest to you
- to develop records, including records of your personal information
- to contact you with information that might be of interest to you, including information about clinical trials and about products and services of ours and of others
- for analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content
- to remove your personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, social security number, etc). In this case, you would no longer be identified as a single unique individual. Once we have de-identified information, it is non-personal information and we may treat it like other non-personal information.
- to protect our rights or property
- to protect someone's health, safety or welfare
- to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we feel that the disclosure is necessary to:
- protect our rights or property
- protect someone's health, safety or welfare
- comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
Does Medtronic Diabetes ever communicate directly with visitors to this web site?We may contact you periodically by e-mail, mail or telephone if you agree to that contact to provide information regarding programs, products, services and content that may be of interest to you. In addition, some of the features on this web site allow you to communicate with us using an online form. If your communication requests a response from us, we will send you a response via e-mail. The e-mail response or confirmation may include your personal information, including personal information about your health, your name, address, etc. We cannot guarantee that our e-mails to you will be secure from unauthorized interception.
Are there special rules about children's privacy?Some sections of this web site may be designed specifically for use by children under the age of 18. Contact information such as their name and e-mail address, and demographic information such as their ZIP code or age may be requested in those sections. In such cases, children will be notified that they should obtain permission from their parents before providing such information. This web site does not disclose personally identifiable information about users under 18, whether or not an approval is obtained.
What about web site security?
Security is very important to us. We also understand that security is important to you. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
18000 Devonshire Street
Northridge, CA 91325-1219
ATTN: Manager, Website
Or, visit our "Contact Us" section.